If you want to enter the financial sector, you can apply to Ally Finance, country’s leading automotive service company engaged in auto financing, online banking and other financial products and services. The company is also leading employment provider in the financial sector and employs thousands of employees in different positions and departments. The applicants are required to submit Ally Job Application together with a resume for the desired positions.
The foundation history of Ally Finance, previously known as the General Motors Acceptance Corporation (GMAC) goes back to the year 1919. It was founded by General Motors Corporation for providing finances to automotive customers. Over the years, the company expanded from auto financing to additional financial services including direct banking, insurance and commercial financing. The name of the company was changed to Ally Finance in 2010. The company made its overseas foray by entering Great Britain in 1920.
The General Motors Acceptance Corporation (GMAC) was founded in 1919 and renamed as Ally Finance in 2010 as auto finance provider to customers. During the founding year, the branches were opened in New York, Detroit, Toronto, Chicago and San Francisco, and by 2001, the company financed 150 million cars and trucks globally and provided auto financing of $1 trillion for financing these vehicles. In years to come, the company branched to additional products and services including:
- Personal – Bank Products and Automotive Bank Products.
- Automotive Financial Products – GM Vehicle Service Contracts, Auto Financing and Auto Leasing.
- Business – Business Auto Financing & Leasing, Commercial Finance and Correspondent Funding
- Dealer Services – Auto Protection, Retail Financing and Leasing, Dealer Insurance and Remarketing
As of Feb. 15, 2013, Ally Finance paid around $5.9 billion to the U.S. Treasury that includes interest and dividends. In 2012, the customer’s account in Ally bank reached a record figure of 1 million customer accounts, and worldwide customers reached to more than 15 million.
Preliminary Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results of Ally shows core pre-tax income of $559 million and net income of $384 million. As of Sept. 30, 2012, cash equivalents and consolidated cash was $17.2 billion, including the insurance business – $1.3 billion, and Ally Bank – $7.1 billion. In the same period, the total equity of Ally was $18.8 billion.
The company is headquartered at Tower 200 of the Renaissance Centre, Detroit, Michigan.
Working Hours – Monday – Thursday: 9:00am-5:00pm, Friday: 9:00am-6:00pm, Sat: 9:00am-1:00pm, Sun – Off.
Minimum Age to Work at Ally: at least 18 years.
Careers @ Ally
In 2009, total numbers of employee working with Ally Financial Inc numbered more than 19,000 employees. Individuals with, e-commerce, auto finance, mortgage or related field experience can submit Ally Job Application for working in the company. Ally offers flexible work hours and arrangements to employees for working from home or telecommuting. Such facilities assist them in meeting their personal and family commitments and appointments. In order to work in the company, the applicant must be an occupant of the United States. Ally uses the E-Verify to confirm residential status and work authorization of the employees.
The Ally Job Application can be submitted for positions in Account Management, Accounting/ Finance, Actuarial, Analyst, Administration, Communication, Commercial Finance, Capital markets, Compliance, Call Centre, Customer Service, Campus Recruiting, Automotive Sales, Underwriting, Operations and Servicing, Bank Operations and others.
All Job Description
Customer Service Representative I – Wichita, KS (current Opening)
- Provide excellent personalized customer service and form a close rapport with customers.
- Dealings are processed accurately meeting legal/process requirements.
- Maintain and update the database with status details and related information.
- Solve customer/dealer issues and problems and offer effective solutions.
- Quality Management
- Adapt to changes and work environments.
- Additional responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills, fast and correct typing ability without grammatical errors.
- Proficient in telephone etiquette.
- Sense of quick response, logical and sound judgement.
- Computer knowledge/technical skills
- Analytical, multitask, self- driven and motivated.
- Additional skills.
Education: High school diploma or GPA
For additional details and current job openings visit https://ally.taleo.net/careersection/external/jobsearch.ftl#
The company provides Job Search system, consisting of Job search, My Job Page option and Current Openings. To apply for Ally Finance Inc job positions, the applicants must first register with the User Name and Password on Ally recruiting Centre and Log. Once you Log in, you can start employment search with the Job Search Criteria consisting of Job Number, Keywords, Job Field and Job Location. The applicants must create a Profile to apply for the positions. The submitted resume is assessed by a member of the Human Resource team or management team. If the professional details provided by you are matching to the job needs, you will be contacted for in person or telephone interview. The successes in the interview will shortlist you for an interview with the management team members and head of the concerned department. Once you are recruited, you will be apprised with further details and trainings.
Ally Financial Benefits
- The employees of Ally are eligible for various lucrative rewards as incentives to grow skills and manage their careers. Total Rewards Program consists of both compensation and benefits including Variable pay (bonuses), rewards and recognition program, Paid time off, Health and Insurance benefits, Savings for Retirements, Careers and HR Services.
Prospective Interview Questions
- Tell me yourself?
- How can you be an asset with the company?
- What is your career objective?
- Why have you choose Ally for working?
- What impresses you in Ally?
- Why should recruit you?
- How long you plan to work with us?
- Do you have any financial product marketing experience?
- Do you know anybody working in Ally?