The Slumberland Furniture, Inc. deals with furniture retailing business in the Midwestern region in the USA. It is based in Minnesota, and a chain of retail stores concerned with home furnishing is operated by the company all through the United States of America. Customer satisfaction comes as the first thing to the company, and apart from the products, the company also offers a broad spectrum of services including specific ordering, direct pick up from the warehouses, and close out deals. Apart from the products provided, the company also offers services including direct pick up from warehouses, close out deals, special ordering, and home delivery too.
Working Hours – Monday to Saturday: 10:00am to 8:00pm; and on Sundays: 11:00am to 5:00pm.
Age Eligibility – Eighteen years old.
Manager, Assistant Manager, Customer Service Representative, Merchandise Handler, Sales Associate.
This furniture retailer was founded in the year 1967, in Minnesota. In the beginning, it specialized in La-Z-Boy recliners and mattresses. Making people satisfied by the products, as well as the prices, was and is the prime priority of the company from the beginning.
The company has its base in Minnesota, and it operates chains of retail stores of home furnishing all across the United States of America.
The store carries items like bedroom furniture, Sofa Sectionals, living room furniture, leather sofas, and mattress brands. This furniture company also carries some brand names such as La-Z-Boy, Sealy, Sealy Posturepedic, Beautyrest, Stearns & Foster, and Tempur-Pedic to name a few.
An amount exceeding ten per cent from the profits is donated to groups assisting the youth and families all across the globe. The core values of Slumberland rest on stewardship and citizenship. The important part of doing business is giving back to the community. This company is a family owned and is proud of helping the organizations which work at strengthening families and children who are in need. Also, they provide encouragement to the workers of the company in giving off talents and time to imperative causes of the communities. The company also supports the ’40 Winks Foundation’ to which, a considerable portion is donated.
Many products of furniture are carried by the store, which implement green initiatives and products.
The company recently reported earnings of $2.5 to 5 million.
Job Descriptions & Remuneration
Delivery Driver – This responsibility of delivering items after preparing, operating, loading unloading, maintaining cleanliness in the truck, enhancing sales, and recording the sales. The main responsibilities of the delivery driver can be summed up as follows:
- Loading and unloading the truck by usage of patented lift mechanism.
- Accepting add-on deliveries for meeting up the business needs
- Efficiently communicating with warehouse manager or driver supervisor as regards to questions from customers and prepares notes as needed.
- Providing backup with respect to warehouse functions as and when required.
- Resolving all the accounts on a daily basis
- Securing the assets of the company.
- Maintaining the sanitation of the truck cab.
- Restocking of the machine and leveling it properly.
- Maintenance of precise in the levels of stocks
- Examining the constancy and exactness of loads
- Being a thorough worker reflecting punctuality
The average wage of this worker settles between $8 and $15 per hour.
Sales Associate – Sales associate’s duties are concerned with providing the required information with reference to services and products manufactured by the company. This is for augmentation of the company’s sales, in addition to maintaining a strong relationship as a reference to prospective clients. With an aim to expand the sales strategies, this individual has to work with Chief Operating Officer or the Sales Director and gets the targets of the annual budget. A salary ranging from $10 to $15 per hour can be earned by doing this job.
Advantages of working@Slumberland Furniture
Each employee at the Slumberland Furniture Inc gets salary options or a competitive hourly pay as per the job title. The associates who are qualified may receive benefits packages like life insurance, dental and medical insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, and paid vacations. Also, available are benefits like discounts on services and products.
Slumberland Furniture Application
Job Interview Questions for@Slumberland Furniture
- How would you convince the customer over the quality carried by the products, which is bought by him or her?
- How can you face the time when there are scanty sales?
- How can you boost the environment at the store at critical times?
- Can you intelligently deal with irate or, for that matter, impatient customers?
- What makes you realize that you are a fit person for a job like this?
- What can you do to make this store more popular?