As a rule, whenever an employer is emailed a resume for the post of an administrative assistant, it should certainly be compelling. Composed of three main parts, the resume must include:
The first paragraph in which you must mention your keen interest, enthusiasm, source of knowledge about the employer and the way you can contribute towards reaching the organization’s mission.
The second paragraph should highlight the experiences, interest, and skills that are relevant for the given post. If relevant, try to include the achievements in the field of administration.
The third paragraph must include your emphasis on this position, a humble request for an interview, along with your own contact details, and the way you will follow-up.
Administrative Assistant Email Cover Letter
56, Illustrated Street
Michigan, MI M7F 4C8
November 12, 2009
Ms. Jennie Hopkins
Manager, Human Resources
Galaxy Corporation of Shipping
99, Illustrated Avenue
California, CA D5F 8H7
Subject: Cover Letter for the position of Administrative Assistant, Ref#654
Dear Ms. Hopkins,
This is a reply to the advertisement posted by ‘Galaxy Corporation of Shipping’, in the ‘New York Times’ last Friday, which carried vacancies for the post of ‘Administrative Assistant’. I did a diploma course related with Office Administration, and then training in the Microsoft Office Suite, which further encouraged me to apply for this post of an Administrative Assistant.
Possibly being the perfect fit for a position like this, I have many necessary qualifications and skills required as prerequisites for a job like this. Take, for example, I carry skills wherein:
- Typing reports, letters, and other additional documents is required, apart from organizing, usage of the equipment belonging to the office, maintaining files, and distributing the received mails
- Welcoming and greeting the visitors, answering the phone calls, and also diverting the calls to the proper employer
- Performing research and helping in preparation of the procedures and policies, documents of the office, apart from planning meetings, and preparing agendas
- Maintenance of files and records, which may be kept as secrets
- Taking care of provision of support to the administration department to ascertain that the operations in the office take place in a perfect, advanced, and an effective manner.
I would be grateful for getting a chance of meeting you such that my qualifications may be discussed in detail. I will place a call at your office after a week to ascertain the possibility of an interview. For any queries regarding my resume, you can place a call at 999-999-9009.
Thank you for your consideration towards this application.
Encl.: Resume and Reference Letter