If you wish to begin your career in sales field, Aflac Insurance can be your best choice because it is one of the leading Supplement Insurance providers in the US. The Company pays financial benefits to the supplemental health insurance policies holders. Aflac not only provides you an opportunity to work in a Fortune 500 company, but also assist you in supporting individuals with financial assistance on top of their medical insurance through Aflac policies.
The foundation history of Aflac dates back to 1955 when the three brothers, John, Paul, and Bill Amos realize that the financial assistance given at the time of ailments and accidents can highly benefits the sick Americans. With a purpose and commitment to help people during these crises, they established American Family Life Insurance Company. In 1964, the company was turned as Family Life Assurance Company of Columbus. Aflac made its foreign debut by acquiring a license to sell insurance in Japan. The acronym Aflac was adopted by the company in 1989, and again in 2005 the company’s logo was changed to Aflac Duck.
The insurance company is America’s number one supplement insurance provider and largest individual insurance seller in Japan. The Company provides insurance coverage for critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident, disability, dental, Hospital Confinement and Sickness Indemnity, Vision, Hospital Intensive Care, Cancer / Specified Disease, Short Term Disability and whole life.
The company has more than 50 million policy holders worldwide, along with the 465,000 employer accounts in the US. In Japan, one out of every 4 households holds Aflac Insurance. The company has made presence in all 50 United States, and in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
Aflac Office Hours of Operation
The Company stays open 8:00am-8:00pm, Monday to Friday. On Saturday and Sunday it remains closed.
The company has received various acclamations and awards for achievements. The most notables among them include:
- The company is ranked in the Fortune 500 company lists.
- In 1998, it was ranked in the list of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For”.
- The company ranks in Ethisphere magazine’s inaugural and every year list of the World’s Most Ethical Companies.
- Continental American Insurance Company was taken over by Aflac in 2009.
- In 2012, the company was recognized as The World’s Most Admired Companies for the eleventh time by the Fortune magazine.
- “Top 125 Companies with Outstanding Workforce Development Programs” – Training Magazine
- 40 Best Companies for Diversity – Black Enterprise
The insurer is deeply involved in community services through contributions, volunteerism and philanthropy. The company has till date contributed more than $70 million to the Aflac Cancer Center for fighting Paediatric Cancer, contributed $1 million for the development of Heritage Park and new National Infantry Museum. In 2005, the company provided $1 million for constructing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr memorial for commemorating his life and work. In addition, the company also sponsor NASCAR circuit for supporting the Aflac Cancer Centre and Blood Disorders Service of Children’s Healthcare and fighting paediatric cancer in Atlanta.
Insurer Financial Strength
The company got listed with New York stock exchange (NYSE) in 1874 under acronym AFL. By the year-end 2011, annual revenue of the company was $22.2 billion, and assets totaled $117 billion.
The debt strength and financial strength rating of Aflac as of 5/24/12:
- Rating AA- : Standard & poor’s
- Aa3: Moody’s Investors Service
- A+: A.M. Best
- AA-: Rating and Investment Information (R&I)
Quack Aflac is one of the leading employment providers in the USA. The present employee strength of the insurer in the US is 4,500 employees, and more than 70,000 independent sales agents and coordinators sell guaranteed-renewable insurance and insurance products nationally. An applicant can submit Job application for full-time, part-time and partial working. The relevant fields that can offer you job positions include, Account Relation, Actuarial, Administrative/Clerical accounts & Audit, Client Services, Benefits Solutions, IT, Customer Service, Facilities, HR, Aviation, Broker Sales, Agents, Legal, Executive, Customer Service Centre, Claims Communication and others.
Minimum Working Age
The candidates wishing to work with the insurer must be minimum 18 years of Age.
Job search System
The company career page provides career search system for all jobs available in the company. The applicants must complete certain steps for completing Aflac Job application. The applicants searching for the Jobs must first get registered in the Career Page of the company’s website, and “Log In”. Next, the candidate must make or modify his employment profile as per the area he/she wishes to work. The career page provides Basic Job Search, Multiple Selection and Advance Job Search options. The job search system provides all jobs in the company and relevant job search criteria. The applicants can search careers through Job number, keyword, field, Location and Multiple Selection.
The company accepts Aflac Job Application at the Aflac Support Centre 9 a.m. To 4 p.m. Monday. The articles can also be submitted by visiting the company’s online search tool. The Human Resource will review your knowledge, professional skills, education and experience for scheduling your interview, and if they require any additional information, they will contact you. The applicant can keep on checking their e-mail account for the Application updates and status.
Benefits & Training
The employees of the company are given a number of attractive benefits, in addition to flexible work schedule, best place to work, workplace diversity, breast cancer screening, free mammograms and on-site child-care.
- Educational scholarships
- Health Clinic, Hospital Intensive Care and Fitness centre
- Health Screenings
- Discount programs for employees
- Dental Insurance Accident Insurance, Cancer Insurance and Life Insurance
- Short term and Long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Assistance Program for Employees
- Hospital Confinement Indemnity
- Voluntary Group Term Life (VGTL)
- 401(k) plan
- Year-end profit-sharing bonuses
- Tenure and Superior performance award
- Employee Stock Exchange Program
Employee Training Programs
The employees are also offered various Training Programs, consisting of more than 19 need-based courses including Technical Training, Job-specific Training, Industry Education, Leadership Development and e-Learning.
Aflac Job Application
Job Interview Questions
- What do you know about Aflac?
- What can you achieve for the company?
- Have you applied to any other jobs?
- Why does this company hire you?
- Do you have any work experience in the insurance field?
- Can you work in a team?
- Where do you hope to find yourself after 5 years in the company?
- Do you have any relative working in the company?
- What makes you valuable for the company?