A well-crafted resume for Dental Assistant helps in clarifying the potential employer that you are a perfect candidate for the position. In the job market, your first impression greatly depends on your resume.
The following sample resume will help you in job hunting process. Customize it according to your qualifications and job requirements.
Dental Assistant Sample Resume
3179 Pine Street, Arlington, Texas 76019
Contact: (718) 878- 5894
Looking for a position of Dental Assistant at Heartland Dental Clinic where I can employ my knowledge of sterile techniques, complex dental therapeutics, and emergency dental care.
Summary of Qualifications
- More than 2 years of experience in the field of dental care.
- Detailed knowledge of oral health.
- Ability to schedule appointments.
- Understanding of protocols governing mixing/ mixing of fillings
- Ability to handle receipts and prepare invoices.
- Understanding of dental procedures.
- Knowledge of using suction devices, to keep the patient’s mouth clear and dry.
- Knowledge of monitoring inventory and maintaining supplies.
- Ability to record the patient’s data and interpret material safety data sheets.
- Proficient in carrying out tests (like X-rays) and setting up dental trays.
- Ability to assist the dentist in maintaining emergency drug kits.
- Demonstration ability to react during medical emergencies.
- Computer savvy
- Ability to work for long hours
- Outstanding patient service skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethics
- Case presentation skills.
Wrote an instruction booklet for patients, in order to educate them regarding oral care and health.
Indian Hills Medical Services (Davenport, Iowa)
- Set up and sterilize dental instruments and equipments.
- Document previous dental history of the patients.
- Prepare patients for test and treatment processes.
- Prepare dental materials such as impression, amalgam, and composite.
- Apply topical anaesthetics to patients’ gums.
- Prepare casts of the teeth from impressions.
- Provide oral care instructions to the patients according to dental treatments or surgery.
- Educate patients about hygienic strategies for maintaining oral health.
- Perform administrative duties related to the dental program.
Accurate Care Health Services (Amarillo, Texas)
February 2011-May 2012
- Helped dentist in several treatment procedures.
- Took and developed the dental radiographs of the patients.
- Gained experience in preparing orthodontic equipment, pouring impressions, trimming models and fabricating crowns.
- Assisted patients to feel comfortable before, during and after dental surgery.
- Recorded treatment information.
- Prepared examining rooms by stocking things and setting out instruments.
- Ensured general cleanliness of examining room.
Associate of Applied Science in Dental Hygiene – November, 2010
Baylor College of Dentistry, Dallas, Texas
- Certified in Dental Assistant through the Dental Assisting National Board- 2006
- Certified in CPR- 2004