It is difficult to write a resume for a freshly graduated nurse because of the lack of experience, or may be in some cases, no experience at all. This implies that any honorary part time or voluntary experience, internships, or externships done by the candidate must be included in the resume. The applicant can also add on work experiences of other types as this will show the enthusiasm and reflect the commitment towards the profession. The resume that follows has been created keeping in mind these candidates who are at the entry level for the post of a registered nurse.
The applicant can follow this example for making a typical resume. The registered nurse cover letter can also be used to provide support to the resume.
New Grad Registered Nurse Resume Sample – Entry Level
Martha K. Symcox
65, Illustration Street, Pacific City
New York 54546
Mobile: (123) 989 987 8998
To get the position of a registered nurse in Moony Healthcare Institute and take advantage of my skills, education, sympathetic nature, and experience as an externship nurse.
- B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science) with Nursing as the main subject – 2007 Madrid University College for Nursing – GPA: 3.5/4.0
- Short term courses in mental health, preventing alcoholism, neurosciences, research in nursing, and a exclusive eight week course involving psychological clinical revolution
- New York Community Hospital, New York City NY, Externship Nursing in Sensitive Psychoanalysis
In charge of caring numerous patients of a variety of age groups and disability status
- St. Kings Hospital, Pacific City NY, Rehabilitation Assistant Nurse
Took remedial care and provided both medical assistance to the patients recovering from surgery, and amputations, knee replacements, cerebrovascular accidents, and injuries to the spinal cord
- Worked and assisted the associates of the interdisciplinary squad of a local firm
Worked out on and performed cauterization, transfer of patients, and also took care of injured patients
- Worked as a Nursing Assistant at ‘VastCare’ Heritage Institute, California NY
- Took special interest in assisting both, patients, as well as the co-nurses while they performed their daily duties
- Encouraged and helped the senior citizens in domestic chores
Green Tree Care Center, New York City NY
- Assistant at the Child Care Program
- Took care of tiny tots and others of the age group of 5 months to 5 years
- Appropriately planned games and activities suitable for the children
2005 – 2007
Sales Representative, Sylvia Blossoms Medical Company, Andy, PT.
- Interacted by oral communication with people belonging to different races, cultures, and religions
- Offered a customer service of exceptional quality
- Kept a check on the sales transactions
AWARDS AND HONORS
- As a student, was awarded the ‘Best Nursing Student’ for the year 2010.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member of the Nursing Organization (MNO) since 2011
- Volunteer at the Bridgestone Community Hospital in 2010 Medical Agent in 2009