The job description that follows is scribed for the ‘Store Clerk Resume’ and is sure to help make the resume be counted as second to none.
The position of a store clerk is a position belonging to the entry level and looks after the sales flow. This individual carries the responsibility for the provision of outstanding services to the customers. He or she consequently enhances the sales of the products. The store clerk works under the supervision of the store manager. Apart from greeting the customers, she or he also provides exceptional service to the consumers.
Only some or sometimes, all the duties listed below are performed by the store clerk. The applicant may pick out five or six of them which may be the most suitable regarding the employer’s needs.
- Responsible for the maintenance of freezer merchandise at levels that can be counted as satisfactory and safe
- Look after the sales floor and ensure that the stock levels there are regularly maintained
- Manage the cash register, and take care of the change, cash and maintain equilibrium in on the financial front
- Take care of the price list for the store’s merchandise, coding, and signage
- Ensure an effective maintenance of standards and goals related to customer service and improvement of the same at all times
- Disposal of trash, packaging cardboard that are useless, and encouraging cleanliness
- Maintenance of general cleanliness of the site and making a healthy environment inside
- Regard each business need as of top priority and react quickly to satisfy each need
- Showing interest and actively participating in the inventory process
- Handling all the phone calls in a polite manner and attending in a pleasant way
- Correspond the news referring to the merchandise available, as also the nutritional value and the ingredients of the products
- Maintain a proper arrangement of the shopping carts
Greeting the customers while welcoming them, apart from providing help during merchandise selection