Understanding of current developments in the medical industry and the expectations of employers will help you in preparing effective medical assistant resume. Your resume plays an important role in your selection. The prospective employer shortlists you for the interview on the basis of resume. Therefore, it should be impressive.
Here is a sample of medical assistant resume. Let’s have a look!
Sample Medical Assistant Resume
233 Mitchell Street, Atlanta, Georgia 30319
Contact: (404) 225-9512
Seeking a position as a medical assistant in a reputed healthcare center where I can utilize my previous work experience and education, to offer passionate and high quality healthcare services to the needy people of the society.
- Dedicated and hardworking with 4 years of experience in the field
- Sensitive to patients’ needs
- Enjoy working with people of all ages, religion, and gender
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
- Determined, compassionate, and flexible
- Ability to learn the new medical concepts and skills quickly
- Excellent physical stamina.
- First aid certified
- ECG monitoring and analysis
- Medical terminology and procedure
- Disinfection and sterilization
- Medical equipments’ knowledge and testing
- Good oral and written skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office package (MS Power Point, Word, Excel, Outlook and Access)
- And excellent typing skills (85 words per minute).
- Consistently admired for efficient management of administrative duties (scheduling appointments, book-keeping, billing, maintaining medical records, and answering phones).
- Helped in implementing control programs and quality assurance practices, in compliance with HIPAA.
- Demonstrated proficiency in taking vital signs and medical histories of patients.
Alpha Nursing Services (Athens, Georgia)
- Collect blood, urine, and other lab specimens
- Explain physician’s instructions, medications, and treatment procedure to the patients
- Take X-rays and ECG
- Handle medical equipments
- Record medical histories of the patient
- Administer medications
- Prepare patients for surgery
North Georgia Medical Center & Gilmer Nursing Home (Ellijay, Georgia)
Certified Nursing Assistant
April 2009-May 2010
- Assisted patients in bathing, dressing, brushing, and grooming
- Kept a track of patients’ condition and inform the same to the in-charge nurses and doctors
- Admitted, transferred and discharged patients
- Took care of personal hygiene of patients, by giving back rubs, urinals, and bedpans
- Checked vital signs like temperature, blood pressure, basal metabolic rate, etc
- Fed patients with prescribed nutritional supplement
- Provided care to the patients after surgery
- Monitored the fluid intake and output of the patients.
- Certified Medical Assistant from Covenant CNA School, Atlanta, Georgia April 2008
- Registered Phlebotomy Technician
- CPR certified
BS in Nursing- South Georgia Technical College, Americus, Georgia- year 2007
High School Diploma- year 2003