This resume example for a Medical Transcriptionist is a unique sample for a profession like this. It can also be used as a reference with regards to any specialist resume.
More than six or seven years of experience in this field are identified by the career objective while the key skills, like translation, medical files, and medical terminology are identified by the job experience. Other features of transferable skills, like data entry, reporting, and database maintenance can also be featured as job skills.
In the ‘Job’ section – date, company’s name and the job title are used in the form of heading. This job does not leave much cost reduction, sales, or, for that matter, revenue. The art of getting through to the interview round is the ability of multi-tasking and having sufficient knowledge about the subject.
Medical Transcriptionist Sample Resume
651, Central Street, Illinois,
New Jersey 76383, Phone: (232) 323-3232
Mobile: (212) 999-989-8989,
An endowed Medical Transcriptionist with impressive experience regarding the transcription, interpretation, and verification of dictations from professionals of healthcare seeking the position of a Medical Transcriptionist.
Summary of Qualifications
- Experience exceeding seven years in the field of Medical Transcription.
- Decent typing speed of 65 wpm.
- Complete understanding of terminologies used in the medical field, physiology, and anatomy
- Superb verbal and written skills of communication, which includes the organization, punctuation, and grammar of the sentence
- Can interpret many dictation styles, accents, and understand different dialects
- Online Training in the Medical Profession 03/2009-08/2011
- Received Certification as a Qualified Medical Transcriptionist (09/2011).
PQR Corporation, Illinois, Bruno – 05/2009-Present
- Transcribing and editing written articles like patient history, physician letters and discharge summaries, examinations, operative reports, pharmacy, autopsy, rehabilitation, x-ray reports, and notes.
- Collection of data for analyzing productivity of the department.
- Keeping a check on the daily activities going on in the department so that the quality of service and efficiency can be optimized.
- Scrutinize the accuracy of patient details like name and identification number; also check the appropriate punctuation, exactness of transcription, spelling, and grammar.
- Working towards publication of medical advice and ensuring that the approval has been obtained and legal requirements satisfied.
- Maintaining the logs related to incoming dictation, medical procedures, as well as the transcription records.
- Take note of the departmental policies that are already established, procedures followed, improving the condition with regards to the standards of infection, environmental, and safety regulation.
- Collecting and distributing the transcribed reports and dictation as also following up the late or missing dictation of the physician.
- Ensuring that the financial records are kept in strict confidentiality.
- Keeping an record of the system of disc back up, complain malfunction or operational problems of equipment, and order supplies.
Education and Professional Training
- Certified as Medical Transcriptionist (2007)
- Online Profession Training Course in Transcription (2006)
Available on request