A Police Officer resume should reveal excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills. Provide details about your skills, knowledge, and expertise in your resume. Remember, the prospective employer will consider your candidature, only if you have a striking resume.
The below Police Officer sample resume is designed according to the current market trends. Alter it as per your needs.
Police Officer Sample Resume
7845 Lexington Avenue, P.O. Box- 201
Pendleton, Oregon 97369
Contact: (503) 294-36451
To acquire the position of a Police Officer in city police department where I can exploit my experience and skills, to provide protection and security to the public.
Summary of Qualifications
- Experience of over four years as a Police Officer in the state of Arizona
- Well-versed with the local and state laws
- Expertise in offering security to the general public
- Ability to operate patrol vehicles
- Exceptional acquaintance with modern law enforcement techniques and principles
- Ability to handle the multiple criminal cases
- Able to make forcible arrests, if required
- Experienced in conducting investigations and handling sensitive situations
- Skilled at observing and actively reacting to doubtful activities.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Physically strong, excellent visibility, and good hearing capacity
- Ability to respond to emergency situations, in a non-aggressive manner
- Ability to accomplish oral and written procedures and instructions
- Understanding and fluency in English and German language.
- Got “Officer of the Year” Award for outstanding arrest record and extraordinary police work
- Administered First Aid and CPR procedures, to the victims of a road accident on the first day at a job.
Tucson Police Department (Tucson, Arizona)
May 2011- Present
- Lodge First Information Report (FIR)
- Serve warrants and appear in court whenever necessary
- Escort prisoners from one police station to another
- Prevent disturbance at an accident scene
- Ensure peace at protests, demonstrations, marches, etc
- Inspect the crime scene and gather evidences
- Assist in controlling riots
- Interrogate suspects and witnesses
- Provide evidence during the hearing of court cases
- Patrol the assigned areas
- Check outstanding warrants for ‘Wanted People’
- Carry out security and safety checks on residences and buildings.
Police Department (Tucson, Arizona)
January 2009- May 2011
- Reconstructed situations, events, and sequences to foster and facilitate the investigative procedures
- Performed duties at accident scenes
- Assisted traffic police in discouraging traffic violations
- Made arrests for violators of curfew, laws, and ordinances
- Inspected public establishments to make sure the conformity with licensing requirements
- Responded to complaints and calls, involving robberies, fire, accidents, and other felonies
- Assisted detectives in investigating crimes.
American Military University, Charles Town, West Virginia
Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice- 2008
- CPR Certificate
- First Aide Certificate