Servers are the backbone of the hospitality industry. An impressive server resume is essential to make career moves. Without an effective resume, it becomes difficult to find a job with resort, club, bar, restaurant or hotel. Look at the following sample server resume, in order to understand that how you can represent your own skills to the prospective employers.
Sample Server Resume
1702West College Parkway
Hawthorne, Nevada 89008
Contact: (775) 651-3862
Looking for a position of Server, with Sands Regency Casino Hotel where I can utilize my hospitality etiquettes and patron care skills, to make a true difference.
Summary of Qualification
- 3 years of working experience as a server
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Multitasking, courteous, and professional
- Knowledge of menu offerings, including wine pairings, gourmet food, and spirits
- Skilled at identifying and fulfilling the needs of the guests
- Skilled at serving beverages and food to patrons and guests
- Ability to work in groups.
- Helped in creating a new menu format that increased profit by 15%.
- Carried out server duties in an effective manner, with juggling two events in the restaurant.
- On the basis of guest’s feedback and excellent guest service, awarded as “Employee of the Month”, two times in a year.
- Received customers’ compliments, for providing beyond and above normal duties.
Western Village Inn at the Marina Sparks, Nevada
July 2011- Present
- Greet the guests and make them seated as they come in
- Ensure all chairs and tables are cleaned and positioned appropriately
- Set tables with condiments, clean lines and other supplies
- Served rolls, coffee, and ice water to patrons
- Assisted food servers in carrying trays, in case of large orders
- Keep the work areas and side stations clean and organized.
Hilton Garden Inn, Reno, Nevada
February 2010- July 2011
- Assisted in Point of Sale (POS) system procedure and cashiering during busy hours
- Maintained complete knowledge of daily specials and restaurant menu
- Addressed the service needs of the guests
- Precisely described special offerings and menu items to the guests.
- Conducted final check of food before serving guests, to ensure quality
- Followed all regulations and maintained serving standards while rendering duties.
Associate Degree in Hospitality- 2009
College of Southern Nevada
- Ability to work for long hours
- Bilingual- French and English
- Expert in handling heavy trays
- Good written and verbal communication skills.