A retail store headquartered in West Bridgewater, Massachusetts, ‘Shaw’s Supermarkets’ works as a chain of grocery stores in America. Adding on to the achievements of the store, it was chosen among the ‘Top 100 Employers’ for the year 2013. Not just this. It also got ‘Alberta’s Top 60 Employers’ also in 2013. Career building of the employees at the workplaces is also the main motto followed by the company.
It is a known fact that proper, efficient employees make the company great, and this company has the strength of about fourteen thousand workers.
Working Hours – Operations in the store on weekdays start from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm. While on Sundays, the timing is 7:00 am to 9:00 pm.
Age Eligibility – The company prefers applicants to be of minimum sixteen years of age.
- Store Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Department Manager
- Stock Associate
- Bakery Clerk
- Meat Clerk
- Grocery Clerk
- Customer Service Representative
As far as the history of this grocery store is concerned, it was founded in the year 1860, and it has its headquarters located in West Bridgewater, Massachusetts.
The grocery retail store has about one hundred and sixty nine locations all over the USA.
The additional services provided by the store are snacks, seafood, sushi, produce, meat, liquor, grocery, frozen foods, floral, deli, dairy, bakery etc.
The company aids communities to not only grow, but also develop and flourish with the use of the network power of the store. Since day by day, the world is getting more and more digital; a number of programs are provided support as they aim towards programs of education. It is this aspect, which helps in innovation of, and the ultimate success of the young generation everywhere around. The organization considers its employees as the heart and further encourages in giving campaigns to build a better tomorrow. Since the company itself is run by a family, it implies that the store is a firm supporter for enterprising for both children, as well as families. By the end of the last decade, a program called ‘Shaw’s Powering Canadian Athletes’ gave around $4 million as a contribution for America’s best athletes, thus aiding them to give a competition at the world level. The company also shows a strong commitment to support for the organizations, which impact the communities strongly.
Job Descriptions & Remuneration
Service Technician – The service technician reports to the Supervisor and assures that an exceptionally good customer service is delivered. This individual is accountable for the following:
- Understanding the operations of the test equipments which show relation to maintaining both, the fiber as well as the coaxial systems.
- Responsible for detection, diagnosis, and correction of issues related to the customers. This must be done in a controlled and safe manner.
- All health and safety regulations should be strictly followed
- System records must be maintained accurately
Team Lead – The Team Lead reports to the Team Manager and is responsible for prioritizing interactions and activities/resources with the other units, coaching or training, and process enhancement. The following are the accountabilities resting on the team lead:
- Perform an evaluation of employees (Merit Reviews) and reports on issues related to performance, attitude, attendance etc.
- Helping the employees to create and follow plans linked to their professional development
- Ensures that the team members connect at a high level, and there is an organization of activities of building teams
- Distribution of workload with respect to individual and team competencies and setting up and communicating the priorities laid for the team
- Leading the team on an everyday basis and supporting the Manager
Senior Director Customer Care – This is a leadership role, and it critically has both operational as well as strategic accountabilities as far as the Shaw Satellite’s Customer Care organization is concerned. The senior director reports to the Chief Customer Officer while he or she works close to Shaw Satellite Senior Leadership Team.
The Senior Director holds the responsibilities such as:
- This individual plays the role of a leader and works in collaboration between and within the different departments with regard to the commitments of the company
- Considering the aspects like exceeding of the targets, and that too, well within the budgets, and leading the deliverance of fineness in service performance
- Serving as the person in charge, role model, and motivator as far as Shaw’s Values, Vision, and cultures, which are focused on customers
- Should be able to build a powerful culture. This will in turn create potentials from trusting and open relationships
Maintenance Technician –
This full time job category reports to the Operations Manager and the candidate who is successfully appointed carry the responsibility of delivering technical services of top standard while satisfying the customers. The Maintenance Technician reports to the Operations Manager. This worker is accountable for the duties mentioned below:
- Check and repair distribution and truck issues
- Independently responding to outages or as alternatives for senior technical staff
- Working along with technical staff as required, so that customers’ problems are corrected in a timely and effective way
- Maintaining precise system records and supporting documentation as far as all work orders are concerned
- Enhancing promotion of the brighter image of the company, its products, as well as the services offered
- Responding to the intensified calls from workers and further following them through for their resolution
Advantages of working @ Shaw’s Application
A heap of benefits awaits eligible applicants who qualify for any post at the Shaw’s. There are provisions like Employee Share Purchase Plan and programs for employees and family assistance. Then there is coverage of life insurance wherein the company provides the best plan suitable. The service awards are presented to workers who present an innovative and comprehensive program.
Job Interview Questions @ Shaw’s Application
- What propelled you to apply for this position at Shaw’?
- How can you prove to be an asset for this company?
- Can you give a description of your work style?
- What have been the toughest decisions ever made by you?
- Don’t you think that you are overqualified while applying for a position here?
- Can you describe your unique style of working?
- How much knowledge do you have about this company so far?
- Can you identify our competitors in the present market scenario?