Headquartered in Atlanta Metropolitan Area of Norcross, Georgia, the restaurant chain, Waffle House Inc., is present throughout the United States with around 2,100 outlets across 25 states. Waffle House employs a large number of people on an hourly and full-time basis on different posts, including various managerial positions.
The co-founders of the restaurant chain established in 1955, Joe Rogers, Sr. and Tom Forkner have opened doors for stock ownership via an ownership program for both part-time and full-time employees. Waffle House believes in the concept of learning by doing, and that is why the hired employees are put to work from day one, in the guidance of experienced personnel. Moreover, the company ensures the constant growth of its employees as they start gaining valuable experience.
An aspirant who wants to work for Waffle House Inc. can apply via online job application from the website, based on his/her previous experience in the field.Waffle House Job Application
Working Hours @ Waffle House: It is said that “Waffle House doors have no locks”, as the restaurants are open 24 hours a day for 365 days a year.
Age Eligibility @ Waffle House: The minimum age to apply for hourly positions at Waffle House is 16 years, whereas the candidate must be 21 years old to handle managerial positions.
Career Opportunities @ Waffle House: Waffle House Inc. has got both part-time and full-time job titles being handled by around 40,000 employees in the US. Hourly job openings include Sales Person, Door Corps, and Grill Operator, whereas full-time managerial posts include Manager Trainee, Unit Manager, District Manager, and Division Manager.
History: The first ever Waffle House was started in Georgia on the Labor Day weekend in the year 1955, by Joe Rogers, Sr. and Tom Forkner. Together, Roger and Forkner started a restaurant which used to serve 24/7 and named it Waffle House. The company began franchising the outlets after opening 4 restaurants in 1960 and increased its number to 27 by late 1960s. Amidst constant growth, Waffle House purchased one of its franchise, North Lake Woods in 2008.
Presence: Waffle House is a renowned name in the United States as it is spread all over the country at around 2,100 locations across 25 states. As per their website, numbers of restaurants in different areas are as follows:
Alabama – 154
Arizona – 15
Arkansas – 44
Colorado – 10
Delaware – 3
Florida – 173
Georgia – 439
Illinois – 2
Indiana – 23
Kansas – 4
Kentucky – 63
Louisiana – 94
Maryland – 13
Mississippi – 88
Missouri – 40
New Mexico – 2
North Carolina – 182
Ohio – 77
Oklahoma – 16
Pennsylvania – 11
South Carolina – 169
Tennessee – 130
Texas – 117
Virginia – 63
West Virginia – 6
Community Initiatives: Waffle House has always supported the Republican Party in the US, and has also donated money time and again to the party due to its political connect. Waffle House donated $100,000 to American Crossroads in 2012 followed by $50,000 to Restore Our Future. The food chain has also supported many of the Congressional Republicans of Georgia.
Environmental Initiatives: As per FEMA, Waffle House, alongside Lowe’s, Walmart and The Home Depot, is considered among the top few companies who have a fast disaster response. The restaurant chain has got an efficient disaster management plan in place. Waffle House has also got teams to bring in supplies for the areas affected with disaster.
Financial Stature: Waffle House Inc. is privately held and employs around 40,000 people on both associate and manager-level posts. However, the US-based restaurant chain does not disclose its annual sales figures, but, at the same time, claims that it serves 2% of the eggs used in the nation’s food-service industry.
Job Descriptions Remuneration
Having more than 2,000 restaurants all over the US, Waffle House employs around 40,000 people. There are openings at all times, and you can apply for the job at in Waffle House Inc. Here, the job profiles offer salaries as per the experience on both hourly and full-time associate and managerial positions.
Below, we have mentioned the positions up for grabs at various outlets of Waffle House:
- Hourly Positions
- Salesperson – It is a tip-based job position to learn about the working environment and proceed further in the career.
- Door Corps – The employees who are given the tasks of hosting the guests, and take care of the seating of the visitors along with the cleanliness of the area.
- Grill Operator – Once you hold the experience to manage the position of a grill operator, you have got the opportunity to earn well from the job as per your work and experience. The salaries of grill operators at Waffle House are as follows:
- Grill Operator: $18,500 to $23,500
- Master Grill Operator: $21,000 to $28,500
- Rockstar Grill Operator: $25,500 to $34,000
- Managerial Posts
- Manager Trainee – Generally, the position of Manager Trainee is given to the employee having an experience of around three months working with the company. From day one, you will be asked to assist a Training Unit Manager until you become an expert in handling things at Waffle House. The job profile offers two leaves after working for every six days on a shift of 6:30 am to 4:30 pm. Moreover, you will receive a training of 9 to 12 weeks while working for enhancing leadership skills.
- Unit Manager – This post is usually given to the employees who have worked in the company for around 1.5 years. Once you have learned the work and become a Unit Manager, you will be the in-charge of a whole restaurant. In addition to the salary, you will also receive compensations based on the performance of your restaurant in this job role. The compensation range is $45,000 to $59,800.
- District Manager – Once you complete around three years working with Waffle House Inc., you can be given the position of District Manager, who heads more than 60 associates and 2-3 unit managers. The compensation range is $65,800 to $96,700.
- Division Manager – After proving your worth as a District Manager for a couple of years, you will be given a chance to head a division consisting of 2-3 District Managers reporting to you. The job profile needs exemplary leadership and communication skills, along with a great relationship building ability. The compensation range is $91,700 to $117,000.
Advantages of Working @ Waffle House
Waffle House offers a series of benefits to its employees based on their post and level of experience. The hourly employees are paid on a weekly basis and avail the facilities like health insurance, including medical, dental, and life cover, for them and their family members. They also get paid leaves of 2 weeks per year, which increases to 3 weeks after the service of 10 years. Moreover, there are flexible schedules as per the convenience of their employees, along with an opportunity to own Waffle House stock.
In addition to all these facilities, full-time employees on manager level positions get additional benefits too for working with Waffle House Inc. On the day of joining, Manager Trainee is awarded a stock option of $14,000. They also get two off days together after working for every six days in a row.
Job Interview Questions for Waffle House
You must be wondering how to apply for a job at Waffle House. You just need to fill out the job application form of Waffle House available online, and if you are eligible for the position, then you must receive a call back from their management soon. With a wide range of benefits on offer and an expected career growth, the restaurant chain is one of the best companies you would be looking to work for in this field. The interview panel at Waffle House might ask you the following questions:
- Do you have any previous experience in this field?
- Where do you see yourself working in Waffle House 5 years down the line?
- What inspired you to apply for a job role at Waffle House?
- As we are a 24-hour restaurant chain, are you comfortable working in shifts?
- How will you keep yourself calm in pressure situations?
- Have you ever lead a team in the past?
- How will you encourage the guests to make them regular customers?